SWAT Team Managers
The Team Manager is a central figure in creating the flow of communication – not only within the team (players, parents and coaches), but between the team and all support systems such as the Minor Hockey Association, League Managers, other teams, referees, officials, etc.
By taking on the operational aspects of the team, the manager enables the coach to focus on player development and on-ice instruction to provide the players with rewarding hockey experiences.
As the team manager you will be responsible to ensure that a variety of forms are filled out for your team. As well, there is important information that you will need to be aware of from Hockey Canada, Hockey Alberta and Edmonton Minor Hockey. For information on the following items outlined below, please click on the link. It is imperative that each team manager familiarizes him or herself with these forms and procedures.
- SWAT Coach & Manager Manual
- HOCKEY CANADA - Playing Rules
- HOCKEY EDMONTON - Co-Ed Dressing Room Policy
- EFHL Minimum Suspension Chart for Community Hockey
- Travel/Special Event Permits and IPRP Chart
- SWAT Coach & Manager Presentation (Sept 25, 2017)
Hockey Canada Manager's Manual
Hockey Canada has several resources available for Managers to use a reference and or guideline.
Click any of the links to download the Hockey Canada Manager's Manual and Appendices.
1. Team Meetings
2. Volunteers / Delegation
3. Team Rules / Safety
4. Record Keeping / Distribution
5. Organizing Games
6. Applying for Tournaments
7. Organizing Travel
8. Team Finances
9. Team Activities
10. Coaches’ Resources
- Fair Play Codes (PDF)
- First Parent Meeting Outline (PDF)
- Parents’ Contract & Responsibility List (PDF)
- Hockey Canada Branches Directory (PDF)
- Facility Safety Checklist (PDF)
- Emergency Action Plan (PDF)
- Abbreviations & Acronyms (PDF)
- Roster - contact the SWAT Registrar to get an official Roster
- Players/Coaches HCR List - This will be supplied to the team officials by the SWAT Registrar
- Team Affiliations- This will be supplied to the team officials by the SWAT Registrar
- Team Contact List (PDF)
- Player Medical Form (PDF)
- Injury Log (PDF)
- Injury Report
- Blank Calendar (PDF)
- Game Checklist (PDF)
- Budget Instructions (PDF)
- Budget Sheets (PDF)