Are you interested in Volunteering with SWAT as a Coach or Assistant Coach this year? If so, please continue below for registration instructions.
Coaches Registration Process – Hockey Canada Registration
Starting June 1st:
- Indicate on your child’s registration which position you are interested in – if you didn’t, please make sure you follow the steps below and it will be added.
- You will need to register yourself through the Hockey Canada Website link and answer the questions outlined if you want to be considered as a Coach for the upcoming hockey season.
- If you have used the system before it will be the same Username and Password, if you haven’t used it, you simply make yourself an account
- You will register as a Participant and ‘Coach and Asst Coach Application’ will be your only option
- Please make sure that you have taken the Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders Course at https://ha.respectgroupinc.com/secure
- Hockey Alberta has mandated that all Coaches, Asst Coaches, Trainers, Managers, that appear on the Team Sheet must have RIS Coaches. Please note that coaches are required to re-ceritify their RIS every 4 seasons.
- You cannot go on the ice or the bench for any reason until this course is completed and shows on your Hockey Canada File
- Those that are on Team Rosters with SWAT will be reimbursed the cost for the three hour long online course
- RIS Coaches is DIFFERENT than RIS Parents – if you are both a Parent and a Coach, you will have to do both
Please note that your coach registration on Hockey Canada does not mean you will be selected to coach. The coach selection committee will be selecting head coaches.